Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

#Creativebeing prompt for Monday 28 January 2013



To help you access and express the creative being I know you are, I set a weekly prompt to inspire you to create and share art, writing, song....

Join in by responding to the prompt in your own way and posting it in the #creativebeing Facebook group in the Flickr group or on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #creativebeing so that you can share and connect.



The prompt for this week was inspired by the lovely Kate Burrows, an artist I greatly admire.  Kate posted this pic of herself as Frida Kahlo on her Facebook wall and kindly allowed me to use it!

It made me think of iconic 'trademarks' like Frida's eyebrows or distinctive hair & accessories, that artists use to express themselves in how they look.  

I was also reminded of Cindy Sherman's Film Stills done in the late 1970s, where the artist played with taking on different characters.  

Of course, I had to do a little Frida myself, with Missy the parrot, as Frida was a parrot person :)



I may even have persuaded poor Bik to join in.....he is a good sport (see below).


This week's #creativebeing prompt is:

Dress up, write about or draw yourself as an artist you admire.  It doesn't have to be Frida, although of course it can be.

Even if you 'do' another artist, feel free to join in the Frida fun as well, all it takes is an eyebrow pencil and some flowers.

Write, draw, take a photograph, paint, film, collage - whatever creative way you want to respond to this prompt is perfect.

Then SHARE it!



On Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #creativebeing

In the Facebook group

In the Flickr group

On your own blog (post the link in the comments section so we can come and look!)

Have fun!

To get these prompts delivered on Mondays to your inbox, please join my mailing list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to stay in touch?