Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

Reverb 12, Day 8 - my most important relationship

Considering the idea that nothing lasts forever: what was the most important relationship that you fostered in 2012? 

How will you continue to nurture it in 2013?



Brace yourself......... my most important relationship this year was with me, myself and I.

Whoohoo!  It's all about ME, baby!

Like many women, I've made romantic relationships a very important part of my life, for most of my life.  This hasn't always worked out so well and often left me feeling rather cross and unfulfilled.
This year, I realised fully (I'd always thought this, you understand, but didn't really internalise it till this year) that all that I need, I must get from myself.  That happiness is an inside job.

So, this year I spent a lot more time (and money) on getting to know where I'm at.  I turned 40 this year, which is meant to be a milestone, plus our business has really matured a lot this year.  It felt very fruition-y, 2012 did.


Although I did have a luscious handfasting ceremony with my fella Bik, it was as much a coming into my own current state of Jani-ness as it was about him and I.   It gave me a chance to reflect on how far I've come from being not-Jani, to being very Jani indeed.  The way I was comfortable to have a commitment ceremony totally on our own terms, and the way that was received by the people around us - wowsers.  It feels fabulous.  I'm lucky to have a knot-husband who enables that, too.  Very lucky indeed.

I'm not saying I'm all the way there yet because I really ain't, but things are so much better.  

Nothing lasts forever, true, but this year I worked a lot on the one lifetime relationship I have - with Meeeee!

In 2013 I will continue to nurture it with more openness to receiving, stronger fences (maybe even a drystone wall or two) to protect what's important to me and my own personal space, more fun, more getting paint on me.  The good stuff will abound.

Does this resonate with you?  I'd love to hear from you in the comments box if you're done work on your own relationship with self.  Sharing is magical medicine :)
.....
Huge thanks to Kat McNally for HOSTING REVERB12 Kat blogs at "I Saw You Dancing." and is hosting Reverb12

Would you like the 'Comfort & Joy' eKit?  Then join my mailing list, hunny bunny!  Gosh, it's so easy.....







I won't pass your email on, you can choose how much you hear from me and can unsubscribe any time you like.

Don't forget to check out my free goodies to help you with your creative journey.

You can also link up with me on Facebook and Twitter.

Would you like me to guest post for your blog, or write a guest post for mine? Please get in touch!
If you enjoyed this blog post, please comment and share it along - sharing and connection is so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to stay in touch?