Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

Reverb 12 - 2012 reflections - Day 2 money I've spent

I'm taking part in Reverb 12, responding to daily reflective prompts.

Today's is

What was your most significant expenditure in 2012?

This is a tricky prompt for me as I don't really spend much money and have an uncomfortable relationship with money which I am still very much in the process of mending.

However, I'd have to say that this year I have spent more money on learning, creative and personal development and it's made a huge difference for me.  I've taken some fabulous eCourses, gone to the Goddess Conference in Glastonbury and on a Mermaid Retreat with the fabulous Clare Campbell.  

A year ago I would have thought spending well over £1000 on what I saw as 'selfish stuff' this year, with my very modest and variable income, would be foolish and impossible. 

I'm wary of anyone charging money to improve my life - I think it's smart to be careful about handing over lots of cash for anything.  However, this year I realised that making the investment in yourself has a magical effect, making you value the things you've bought and actually complete the work.

It's been a significant thing for me to invest money in my own happiness and wellbeing this year, I'm so glad I did it.  More to the point, the things I have learnt have enabled me to increase my own income and start addressing my negativity around money, reward and abundance.



The most significant spend this year was definitely joining Leonie Dawson's Goddess Circle.  It seemed like a lot to spend at the time, but having made some fantastic connections, getting all of Leonie's online goodies free (I'm still working through them) and launching my eCourses, I've made back what it cost me a couple of times.

I also treated myself to some SARK goodies and have joined her Creativity Clubhouse, which at under $10 a month is a bargain.

It's also enabled me to give more in terms of teaching and support for others.  I realised that, without the proper support and care, I'm too burnt out to be really supportive to those who need me.

So, worth every penny!

2 comments:

  1. Jani, investing in yourself is the most worthwhile cause! And others will always benefit as we grow. So pleased you've found a Circle too! Thank you for sharing and inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, many courses I would just 'love' to join, but no spare cash at all now so not something I can do. Retreats are also on my dream list for one day. So glad to see how they have helped though.

    ReplyDelete

Want to stay in touch?